AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) — Kent Adan Silva arrived at 12:40 a.m. New Year’s Day, a healthy 8 pounds 5 ounces and 21.25 inches long. His family, who are from Buda, have more than just his birth to celebrate.
Kent was the first baby born at Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin in Texas, which means he just earned his family free tacos for a year. On Tuesday, Austin-based company Torchy’s announced it would provide that food to the first baby born in 2020 at that hospital.
Torchy’s said in a release the family received a gift basket (with Torchy’s swag inside) and a gift card for a year’s worth of tacos from Torchy’s. Tacos at the restaurant range from less than $3 to more than $5.
New Year’s Day babies
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Lakeway says its first baby was born at 12:31 a.m. Katelynn was 6 pounds, 7.3 ounces and measured 19 inches long. Her parents are Esme and Jose.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC State football looks for first home win over Georgia Tech since 2000
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Target and Bass Pro Shops are hiring
- COVID-19 in NC: Daily percent positive hits 9.5%; hospitalizations set record
- 20-year-old Durham man shot to death while driving leading to crash that injured 5, police say
- The best Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart, Amazon, Target