At about 8:42 p.m. Sunday, officers responded to a home on the 4500-block of Cottage Grove Road in Madison, Wisconsin.
Officers said they believe a firefight took place after they found 45 shell casings and damage to two vehicles and nearby buildings.
One bullet, however, went into a home on the 900-block of Vernon Avenue.
A child was sleeping, holding a stuffed “Baby Shark,” when the bullet ripped through the wall and hit the doll.
No one was injured.
Police ask anyone with information to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at (608) 266-6014.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Should fewer Americans get a $1,400 stimulus check?
- Durham County sheriff requiring employees to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Former Wake County deputy arrested after hours-long standoff, sheriff’s office says
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- One Raleigh provider gearing up for mass vaccine distribution