At about 8:42 p.m. Sunday, officers responded to a home on the 4500-block of Cottage Grove Road in Madison, Wisconsin.
Officers said they believe a firefight took place after they found 45 shell casings and damage to two vehicles and nearby buildings.
One bullet, however, went into a home on the 900-block of Vernon Avenue.
A child was sleeping, holding a stuffed “Baby Shark,” when the bullet ripped through the wall and hit the doll.
No one was injured.
Police ask anyone with information to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at (608) 266-6014.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Voters emphasize need for high-speed internet ahead of election
- NC Senate Debate: Dial System to show undecided voters opinions in real-time
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake
- Body found in trunk of burning car near Florida golf course, police say
- ‘We will attack the problem’: Duke football gets off to 0-2 start, but not out of it yet
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now