LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a 23-year-old tourist from Chicago punched a worker in the face when her FastPass wasn’t valid for the Tower of Terror ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
An Orange County Sheriff’s report says the Disney World cast member offered to help the woman’s group on July 13, but they only became angrier.
The Orlando Sentinel reports the woman started pushing buttons on the podium that could have affected the ride. When the employee pushed her hand away, the woman punched her in the face. The family yelled profanities and recorded the worker.
The group left the ride, but security tracked them down. Disney officials tell the Sentinel they issued a lifetime ban on the woman.
The worker didn’t want to press charges and the woman wasn’t arrested.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Metal-eating bacteria and corrosion could cause the Titanic to disappear
- 2nd woman charged in hit-and-run that left Wake County teen girl seriously injured
- Endangered Florida panthers are mysteriously struggling to walk, and wildlife officials don’t know why
- Tennessee police: Dad beat young daughter because of dirty table
- Instagram says there’s “no truth” to new hoax post, so don’t share it
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now