Car catches fire after driver uses hand sanitizer while smoking

Check This Out

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WNCN) — One person is recovering from injuries suffered in a car fire on Thursday.

Officials say the vehicle fire was caused by a person using hand sanitizer and smoking a cigarette and called it a “bad combo in unventilated area like a car”.

The person was taken to the hospital with minor burns deemed as non-life-threatening injuries.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Click here for full list of trending stories