Wednesday goes to the dogs! July 31 is National Mutt Day!
The observance encourages Americans to celebrate mixed breed canines.
According to the National Day Calendar — pet expert Colleen Paige founded the unofficial holiday in 2005.
To celebrate — people can post photos with their favorite pups, volunteer at a shelter, or adopt a new furry friend.
According to the ASPCA, more than three million dogs enter shelters every year with the hope of finding a forever home.
- Pipe goes through driver’s windshield on Ohio interstate, OSHP says
- Harry, Meghan to delve into tough royal split with Oprah Sunday night
- Woman in critical condition after Nash County high-speed chase ends in crash in Wake County
- Missouri pastor on leave after sexist sermon saying wives should lose weight to look like Melania Trump
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus