CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) — There’s usually a ton of energy abuzz when stepping into a college town.
Students, skateboards, scooters, and buses fill the streets lined with shops, restaurants to escape the classroom. You may even hear loud music or you may be drowned in your own world of music via headphones.
According to the site Reviews.org, a list of college towns was gathered and was narrowed down to cities with fewer than 250,000 residents.
Using data from the Census Bureau and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Reviews.org analyzed the overall population, student population, rental costs, college education rates, transportation access, unemployment rates, and bar availability. From there, results were narrowed down further by weighing the cost of living, unemployment rates for 20 to 24-year-olds, and easy access to the city to get a definitive ranking of the best college town in each state.
When it comes to college towns across North Carolina that embodied this and more the best, Chapel Hill takes the number one spot, according to pollsters with Reviews.org.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Judge rules in favor of removing Confederate from front of Chatham County courthouse
- Former Pres. Jimmy Carter up and walking around following procedure
- Woman accused of abusing kids for poor performance dies
- 13 people arrested after narcotics operation in NC
- Hospital surprises Mrs. Rogers with babies in cardigans on World Kindness Day
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now