(WNCN/CNN) — Here’s your aww moment of the day.
A little boy who was stuck in the Bahamas when Hurricane Dorian hit went back to school on Monday to a warm welcome — and big hugs — from his friends.
Clearly they missed three-year-old Makai Simmons while he was gone.
Makai and his mom Capron were visiting family in the Bahamas when the storm hit.
The family rode it out at mom Capron’s grandparents’ house.
Then on Friday — after waiting 13 hours in line — Capron and Makai were able to get on a cruise ship back to the U.S.
Quite the journey and quite the welcome home — from these preschoolers.
- Staying warm with a chance of rain and storms this weekend
- VIDEO: 1 dead, at least 7 injured in overnight possible tornado that hit Louisiana
- Lawsuit: Va. police officers threatened man and his career during traffic stop
- After a hiatus due to the pandemic, the Southern Ideal Home Show is in full swing
- Mom goes viral after sharing creative lunches for her kids on social media