(CNN Newsource) — A sweet bonus is coming to Delta Airlines employees. The airline is giving its workers two months extra pay as a bonus for the company’s strong performance for 2019.
It is part of the company’s profit-sharing program. Delta announced it is giving workers $1.6 billion in bonuses.
Every eligible employee will get a check next month for nearly 17 percent of their annual salary.
“Delta would be nothing without our 90,000 people. They deserve all the credit,” Delta’s CEO said.
The airline says the payout is a record amount for Delta and the sixth straight year it has paid out more than a billion to workers.
The profit-sharing does not include Delta’s officers, directors or general managers.
- Former St. Augustine’s track star heads to Tokyo Olympics as member of Jamaican hurdle team
- Pedestrian hit, killed by DWI driver, NC police say
- Doctors warn about slightly different symptoms with delta variant of COVID
- Fayetteville motorcyclist hit by Dodge Charger, killed; driver, passenger on the run
- Woman shot while in bed in targeted shooting, Durham police say