(CNN Newsource) — A sweet bonus is coming to Delta Airlines employees. The airline is giving its workers two months extra pay as a bonus for the company’s strong performance for 2019.
It is part of the company’s profit-sharing program. Delta announced it is giving workers $1.6 billion in bonuses.
Every eligible employee will get a check next month for nearly 17 percent of their annual salary.
“Delta would be nothing without our 90,000 people. They deserve all the credit,” Delta’s CEO said.
The airline says the payout is a record amount for Delta and the sixth straight year it has paid out more than a billion to workers.
The profit-sharing does not include Delta’s officers, directors or general managers.
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Chase Bank and Wegmans are hiring
- South Carolina business criticized for banning masks inside store
- Law enforcement officers across NC to join in procession to honor fallen Nash County deputy
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree turns on, with virus restrictions
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks