HOUSTON (KTRK/CNN) —Police are searching for a group of people who demanded Popeyes chicken sandwiches at gunpoint in Houston, Texas Monday night.
Authorities said two women and three men stormed the front door of the restaurant with at least one weapon.
They had just been told at the drive-thru window that the store was sold out of the popular sandwiches.
An employee was able to lock the doors before the five could get inside.
The group left a baby inside their vehicle as they tried to enter the restaurant.
No injuries were reported and police are working to identify the suspects.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Thief waited for customer to pay before grabbing cash at Fayetteville store, police say
- Patient dies after being left unattended for more than an hour in hospital’s ER waiting room
- Fort Worth officer resigns after killing woman in her own home
- Amber Alert expanded for abducted Alabama 3-year-old; 2 in custody
- Driver arrested in deadly Fayetteville pedestrian crash
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now