HOUSTON (KTRK/CNN) —Police are searching for a group of people who demanded Popeyes chicken sandwiches at gunpoint in Houston, Texas Monday night.
Authorities said two women and three men stormed the front door of the restaurant with at least one weapon.
They had just been told at the drive-thru window that the store was sold out of the popular sandwiches.
An employee was able to lock the doors before the five could get inside.
The group left a baby inside their vehicle as they tried to enter the restaurant.
No injuries were reported and police are working to identify the suspects.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC group angered by removal of statues displays giant Confederate flag along I-40
- Person dies in fall from balcony of oceanfront hotel in Myrtle Beach
- Remains of missing Texas soldier identified, family lawyer says
- Friends remember woman killed by ‘celebratory gunfire’ in Durham
- I-40 west reopens after deadly crash near S. Saunders Street in Raleigh
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now