A police dog in California took down a suspect after an incredible jump!
The K-9 went right through the driver’s side window after police shot rubber pellets to break it open.
31-year-old Julio Vasquez was wanted for stalking and trying to run over his estranged wife.
Police located him and he led them on a chase.
Police deployed spike strips and used a pit maneuver to try and stop him.
Police say he was being uncooperative after the chase ended, so that’s when they shot out his window with rubber pellets and the K-9 jumped inside to apprehend him.
Vasquez was treated for minor injuries after the dog bit him.
He was later taken into custody and will be charged with felony stalking and felony evading.
He could face additional charges for punching the K-9.
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- 19-year-old charged with felony DUI in SC crash that killed 1, injured 2 children
- Car passenger dies after collision with SUV in Durham
- Man shot 3 times as street corner argument escalates in Durham, police say
- North Carolina Association of Educators express concerns about returning to school in person
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now