The popular peanut butter brand is releasing a jar featuring the name spelled with a “G” instead of a “J”.
It’s a partnership with GIPHY — the popular GIF search engine.
The jar even defines “GIF” – animated, looping images.
It also asserts that the word should be pronounced with a hard “G”, not a soft one.
However, Steve Wilhite, the creator of the GIF, has said it should be a soft “G”.
Despite Wilhite’s clarification, the debate still rages over how to pronounce the word.
The limited-edition jars are available on Amazon for $10.
- State now tracking COVID-19 outbreaks at longterm care facilities
- Inmate dies after being stabbed by another offender at NC prison
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – April 2, 2020
- NC emergency room doctor sleeping in rented RV to keep his family healthy
- Kentucky is putting ankle monitors on coronavirus patients who ignore self-isolation order
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now