(CNN) – A wife, a mom, and a lawyer. Those are the three things Juliana Lamar wanted in life.
And she just got all three when she was sworn in as a lawyer last week.
Not only was her husband there, but her little boy was also a part of the whole thing thanks to a judge with a soft spot.
In one Nashville courtroom, you can see Judge Richard Dinkins holding 1-year-old Beckham.
Lamar says just as they were about to begin, Judge Dinkins picked up the little boy and said, “He needs to be part of this. He’s going to do the swearing-in with me.”
It only made sense. Baby Beckham was part of Lamar’s journey to becoming a lawyer.
She got pregnant halfway through law school and worried about everything from missing too many classes to giving birth during a final exam, so she says having her little boy right there watching his mommy was amazing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Campbell women’s soccer takes conference title, learns Monday their foe in NCAA Tournament
- Triangle doctors discuss rare clots found in handful of J&J COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- NC women takeing classes to protect themselves after sexual assault and violence
- Man charged with hit-and-run in Raleigh crash that injured motorcyclist, closed US 1 for hours