(CNN) – A wife, a mom, and a lawyer. Those are the three things Juliana Lamar wanted in life.
And she just got all three when she was sworn in as a lawyer last week.
Not only was her husband there, but her little boy was also a part of the whole thing thanks to a judge with a soft spot.
In one Nashville courtroom, you can see Judge Richard Dinkins holding 1-year-old Beckham.
Lamar says just as they were about to begin, Judge Dinkins picked up the little boy and said, “He needs to be part of this. He’s going to do the swearing-in with me.”
It only made sense. Baby Beckham was part of Lamar’s journey to becoming a lawyer.
She got pregnant halfway through law school and worried about everything from missing too many classes to giving birth during a final exam, so she says having her little boy right there watching his mommy was amazing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Massachusetts man puts up electric fence to protect Trump campaign sign
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- ‘My sister is a fighter’ – NC domestic violence victim survives being shot in face
- Disabled Durham veteran’s wheelchair ramp destroyed by drunk driver, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now