(CNN NEWSOURCE) — The guitar played by Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain during his 1993 “MTV Unplugged” performance has sold for more than $6 million.
Cobain used the 1959 Martin guitar for the performance only five months before his death.
Bidding for the guitar started at $1 million, according to Julien’s Auctions, but bids quickly escalated with the guitar selling for $6,010,000.
The Australian businessman who bought it says he plans to sell it after showing the guitar around the world in an effort to help artists.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Brother of Daniel Prude ‘speechless’ over grand jury decision: ‘The whole world watched them kill him’
- Calhoun leads No. 11 Seminoles over Miami
- Clemson wins 4th straight, holds Wake Forest to 39 points
- As Gov. Cooper lifts some COVID-19 restrictions, here are the riskiest places to contract the virus
- Turnovers doom NC Central in loss to NC A&T