HAMBURG, N.Y. — A frozen phenomenon is dazzling both locals and visitors alike.
Take a look at these ice-covered houses viewers have spotted at Hoover Beach. The pictures show homes that look like they’re from a fairy tale, with wind-whipped icicles hanging off like gelled hair.
The strong winds felt across western New York on Thursday resulted in the waters of Lake Erie blowing ashore, encasing parts of the land in ice.
It’s not the first time this town has experienced wild ice results. In 2016, a car near the lakefront got transformed into what was soon called, a “carcicle.” Another time, the lake’s waves froze, creating a wall of ice along the beachfront.
This house is one of the more noticeable examples of what could be called, a “housecicle.”
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Photo gallery: Remembering Sean Connery
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now