DALLAS, TX (WSPA / CNN Newsource) – A building implosion gone awry has created an unlikely tourist attraction in Dallas.
People are calling it the “Leaning Tower of Dallas.”
Crews were attempting to demolish an 11-story building Sunday when the stubborn core shaft refused to fall.
“I saw the pictures, and I am like, I have to go see it,” said Eric Martinez. “I have to go see it.”
The remains of the tower won’t stay up long, the area is being cleared for a 27-acre mixed-use development called Central Dallas.
The demolition company expects to bring down the tower by mid-week using a wrecking ball.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC reports 1,167 COVID-19 cases, 1 new death with sharp jump in cases
- NC mom abandoned baby in plastic bag at church parking lot, deputies say
- NC man stole SUV after killing mom, grandparents in shooting, deputies say
- Wake County contractor positive for COVID-19; 16 healthcare workers exposed and symptomatic, officials say
- Country music singer Joe Diffie dies from COVID-19 complications
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now