DALLAS, TX (WSPA / CNN Newsource) – A building implosion gone awry has created an unlikely tourist attraction in Dallas.
People are calling it the “Leaning Tower of Dallas.”
Crews were attempting to demolish an 11-story building Sunday when the stubborn core shaft refused to fall.
“I saw the pictures, and I am like, I have to go see it,” said Eric Martinez. “I have to go see it.”
The remains of the tower won’t stay up long, the area is being cleared for a 27-acre mixed-use development called Central Dallas.
The demolition company expects to bring down the tower by mid-week using a wrecking ball.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 1,908 new COVID-19 cases reported in NC Sunday
- Driver thought to have crashed into the Cape Fear River found safe
- 10-time Langley Speedway champion Shawn Balluzzo dies following crash
- Advice on how to talk to your kids about race, current racial tensions
- Friday, July 10th : Talking to your kids about race, current tensions
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now