MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG) — Memphis police arrested a man accused of calling 911 dozens of times Wednesday – on one occasion offering appetizers to the police dispatcher.
Court documents say Huu Nguyen has called 911 approximately 1,171 times since July 15, 2020, without having an emergency. Nguyen called the department’s emergency line 241 times on Sept. 1 and 32 times on Sept. 2, records show.
During one of the calls on Sept. 2, police say Nguyen asked dispatchers if they wanted to buy egg rolls and then hung up.
Police found Nguyen in a Memphis shopping center and took him into custody.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- In being opening game for 3 straight opponents, Blue Devils will set odd record at Virginia
- Large NC outdoor venues to reopen, financial relief coming for small businesses
- Some Halloween activities could increase COVID-19 risk, CDC warns
- Child involved in Durham shooting, police say
- Durham school building closing after ‘probable’ COVID-19 case involving worker
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now