MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG) — Memphis police arrested a man accused of calling 911 dozens of times Wednesday – on one occasion offering appetizers to the police dispatcher.
Court documents say Huu Nguyen has called 911 approximately 1,171 times since July 15, 2020, without having an emergency. Nguyen called the department’s emergency line 241 times on Sept. 1 and 32 times on Sept. 2, records show.
During one of the calls on Sept. 2, police say Nguyen asked dispatchers if they wanted to buy egg rolls and then hung up.
Police found Nguyen in a Memphis shopping center and took him into custody.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Obama memoir sells a record 1.7 million copies in first week
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years
- Scotland becomes 1st country to make pads, tampons free
- ‘We’re being massacred’ – NC restaurants, already suffering, now face stricter mask rules
- With Thanksgiving approaching, Durham man reflects on losing his mother to COVID-19