HICKSVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — A man impersonating an officer in a New York suburb made a real mistake when he decided to pull over a van.
According to the Associated Press, Valiery Portlock actually tried to stop a van carrying a group of detectives.
The detectives identified themselves and when they approached his car, police said the 25-year-old swerved into oncoming traffic and sped onto the highway.
That’s where highway patrol officers caught up to him and arrested Portlock.
He now faces charges of criminal impersonation and reckless endangerment.
- 21 years later, Cumberland County detectives close the case of ‘Baby Michael’
- Pigeons wearing tiny MAGA hats released in downtown Las Vegas
- Lawmakers confident US health officials will contain coronavirus: ‘I think they’re all over this one’
- 2 years later: Parkland students, families in Washington pushing for stronger gun regulation
- Department of Transportation grants give millions to coastal ports
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now