A Northern India man’s reaction to his latest birthday gift is going viral, likely due to the surprising nature of it.
A 22-year-old man pushed a brand-new BMW into a river because he didn’t like the car he received as a birthday gift. The Times of India reports the man wanted a Jaguar instead.
According to the report, an Indian man named Akash was so upset upon being gifted a BMW 3 Series two months ago that he deliberately moved the luxury vehicle into the Western Yamuna Canal.
The man, identified as Akash from Haryana, believed to be the son of a local landlord, pushed his new BMW M3 model into a river.
“Akashi was demanding for a Jaguar car from his father, but when his father failed to buy one, he threw away his BMW in a fit of anger,” a local police official said. “His family had sold the Innova they had received from his in-laws to buy him the BMW.” Police also said the parents claim the man has an undisclosed mental issue.
BMWs cost around 3.5 million rupees (about $49,000 in U.S. currency) locally, while Jaguars are more expensive, costing about five million rupees, or $70,000.
- Judge rules in favor of removing Confederate from front of Chatham County courthouse
- Former Pres. Jimmy Carter up and walking around following procedure
- Woman accused of abusing kids for poor performance dies
- 13 people arrested after narcotics operation in NC
- Hospital surprises Mrs. Rogers with babies in cardigans on World Kindness Day
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now