PORTLAND, Maine. (WTVO) — On Tuesday around 3:30 p.m., a man in Portland, Maine was arrested after multiple 911 calls reported that a man was chasing people with a chainsaw at McDonald’s.
Responding officers found the man at a nearby inn and he was arrested without further incident.
Police say that the man, identified as 26-year-old Alice Sweet, walked behind the counter and revved the chainsaw at employees who were preparing food. He then stole a drink and some food.
Investigators say Sweet chased the McDonald’s manager when confronted in the parking lot. Sweet also damaged two vehicles in the parking lot with the chainsaw, police said.
Sweet was charged with robbery, criminal mischief, refusing to submit to arrest, and violation of conditions of release.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Juvenile male’ shot while inside Durham home, police say
- Former Make-A-Wish CEO, wife of Wake Forest asst. basketball coach arrested on theft charges
- NC adds more than 120 COVID-19 deaths as hospitalizations continue to drop
- Lloyd Austin wins Senate confirmation as 1st Black secretary of defense
- Haven’t received your second stimulus payment? Here’s how to trace it