CARTHAGE, N.C. (WNCN) — A local cat is in the running for the coveted “Wackiest Pet Name of the Year” award.
Jean Clawed Van Damme, of Carthage, made the final cut for the 2019 vote.
From now through Aug. 26, people can cast their vote for their choice for the wackiest pet name of the year.
There are 10 choices each for the dog and cat categories.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Granville County sheriff suspended following felony obstruction indictment
- Spam introduces limited-edition pumpkin spice flavor
- North Carolina airports to receive $17 million in infrastructure funding
- NC deputies investigating fatal crossbow shooting
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now