CARTHAGE, N.C. (WNCN) — A local cat is in the running for the coveted “Wackiest Pet Name of the Year” award.
Jean Clawed Van Damme, of Carthage, made the final cut for the 2019 vote.
From now through Aug. 26, people can cast their vote for their choice for the wackiest pet name of the year.
There are 10 choices each for the dog and cat categories.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Despite a season cut short, Duke golfer Gina Kim grateful to get back to training and playing
- #BlackoutTuesday marks day to reflect on racism, injustice in America
- Police investigating shooting at North Raleigh apartment complex
- Coronavirus pandemic could haunt U.S. economy through 2029, federal report says
- Shot dead by police, David McAtee, Louisville’s ‘BBQ Man’ used to feed officers for free
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now