RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Ice cream that has been made for more than 70 years at North Carolina State University’s campus is now for sale in Harris Teeter stores.
Six different flavors of Howling Cow ice cream are available at the stores in the Triangle area, according to a news release from N.C. State University.
This is the first time the ice cream will be available in stores.
Previously, the ice cream could be bought only on campus or during the N.C. State Fair.
“It’s a really big deal for us. I’m not making it here so it’s not a problem with supply or procurement. But the idea is in hopes that royalties coming from this licensing agreement, just like any other licensing agreement that N.C. State does, will come back and support student scholarships and agricultural or dairy programs,” said business manager Carl Hollifield.
Howling Cow ice cream is made using milk from N.C. State University’s cows at the N.C. State Dairy Farm off Lake Wheeler Road in Raleigh.
The flavors that will be available in stores are: Campfire Delight, Cookie Dough2, Chocolate Chip Mint, Cookies & Cream, Butter Almond and Cherry Brick Road.
N.C. State will use proceeds from the licensing agreement to fund student scholarships and dairy and agriculture initiatives.
The ice cream is available at the following Harris Teeter stores:
- Cameron Village at 500 Oberlin Road, Raleigh
- Stonehenge Market at 7400 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh
- Heritage Lake at 3638 Rogers Road, Wake Forest
- Old Raleigh Village at 3201-123 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh
- Leesville Town Center at 13210 Strickland Road, Raleigh
- Harrison Pointe Shopping Center at 270 Grande Heights Drive, Cary
- Falls Pointe Shopping Center at 9600 Falls of the Neuse Road, Raleigh
- Stone Creek Village at 98 Cornerstone Drive, Cary
- Crescent Commons at 2080 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary
- The Corners at Brier Creek at 4221 Corners Pkwy., Raleigh
- Millbrook and Creedmoor at 2051 W. Millbrook Road, Raleigh
- Tryon Village at 1151 Tryon Village Drive, Cary
- North Ridge at 6024 Falls of the Neuse Road, Raleigh
- Wakefield at 14520 John Rex Blvd., Raleigh
- North Hills East at 120-100 St Albans Drive, Raleigh
- Cary Village Square Shopping Center at 885 Walnut St., Cary