GREENSBORO, N.C. (WFMY) — We have all been there. A food craving sets in and there’s nothing else you can think about or do until it’s satisfied.
A Greensboro woman was craving mac and cheese like nobody’s business — and then she won the lottery.
Stephanie Couch, who is a surgical technologist, was craving some comfort food, specifically mac and cheese. She went to a Greensboro Food Lion to get the ingredients. While there, she decided to buy a “20X The Cash” scratch-off ticket.
“It was just a normal shopping trip for me,” Couch said. “I needed some groceries and decided to get my favorite game while I was there.”
She bought the ticket on Saturday and waited until Monday morning to scratch it. “I saw the ‘7’ and the ‘7’ and was like, ‘Oh my God! I just won $250,000,’” Couch said. “I took my glasses off, rubbed my eyes, and looked at the ticket again just to make sure I wasn’t seeing things.”
Couch claimed her prize Tuesday and plans to use some of the money to remodel the bathrooms in her home, she told lottery officials.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC teen, store clerk charged after 2 injured in DWI crash, officials say
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
- ALERT: Thunderstorm Watch issued ahead of Friday severe storms
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now