GREENSBORO, N.C. (WFMY) — We have all been there. A food craving sets in and there’s nothing else you can think about or do until it’s satisfied.
A Greensboro woman was craving mac and cheese like nobody’s business — and then she won the lottery.
Stephanie Couch, who is a surgical technologist, was craving some comfort food, specifically mac and cheese. She went to a Greensboro Food Lion to get the ingredients. While there, she decided to buy a “20X The Cash” scratch-off ticket.
“It was just a normal shopping trip for me,” Couch said. “I needed some groceries and decided to get my favorite game while I was there.”
She bought the ticket on Saturday and waited until Monday morning to scratch it. “I saw the ‘7’ and the ‘7’ and was like, ‘Oh my God! I just won $250,000,’” Couch said. “I took my glasses off, rubbed my eyes, and looked at the ticket again just to make sure I wasn’t seeing things.”
Couch claimed her prize Tuesday and plans to use some of the money to remodel the bathrooms in her home, she told lottery officials.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Five people found dead inside a Vanceboro home, investigation underway
- 2 dead, 20 injured after massive explosion at Texas warehouse
- Trump becomes 1st president to visit, speak at March for Life rally
- Affordable housing a hot topic as Bernie Sanders’ campaign holds town hall in Durham
- Officials: Child dies after early-morning fire at NC apartment complex