BRONX, N.Y. (CNN NEWSOURCE) — What’s 5×5? Knowing the right answer could get you free food at a New York deli.
A deli in the Bronx has gone viral after a TikTok video shows how a cashier is giving customers free stuff for solving simple math problems.
Ahmed Alwan, the store owner’s son, offered a contest and paid for the items out of his own pocket. During the contest, customers had five seconds after answering a math question correctly to get whatever they wanted from the store.
The videos of the contest are making Alwan an internet sensation. He now has over 300,000 TikTok followers.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Some Dems, not yet Biden, talk of expanding Supreme Court
- Wolfpack offensive line packing away the ‘pancakes’
- K-9 finds missing child who was lost in the woods, crying
- Dog trapped down 30-foot hole in NC mountains lured to safety with beef jerky
- Stock up on fresh, local produce at Perkin’s Orchard in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now