HURON COUNTY, Ohio (WCMH) — A boy in Huron County donated all his winnings from a local fair to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
According to a Facebook post by Western Reserve Schools, 7th grader Diesel Pippert won $15,000 in livestock premiums during the Huron County fair.
Diesel then did something that has some people calling him a hero.
He donated every bit of his winnings to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
“His donation of $15,000 will help to find cures for young children and save lives,” the Facebook post reads.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fayetteville protest organizers meet with police to talk unity
- Raleigh police officers kneel with protesters to show solidarity
- Rocky Mount city council votes to remove Confederate monument
- Despite a season cut short, Duke golfer Gina Kim grateful to get back to training and playing
- #BlackoutTuesday marks day to reflect on racism, injustice in America
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now