DALLAS (AP) — Passengers on a Southwest Airlines flight got more than a small bottle of water when they boarded their plane.
They received a Nintendo Switch system and a download code for the digital version of the “Super Mario Maker 2” game to enjoy as Flight 2246 traveled from Dallas to San Diego on Wednesday. Many of the passengers were headed to Comic-Con in the California city.
Mario was on hand to greet the passengers when the flight arrived.
The gaming-themed flight highlighted Southwest’s partnership with Nintendo in the Let’s Play Getaway sweepstakes that awards a daily winner a Nintendo Switch system and a download code for the digital version.
The sweepstakes ends Aug. 31 with a grand prize winner and three guests receiving roundtrip air travel.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- UNO shocks everyone with a rule clarification
- Here’s why more people are investing in RVs
- UNC students hope alcohol sales at football games are highly regulated
- El Paso victim’s husband given new SUV to replace vehicle stolen after funeral
- Clemson QB Lawrence leads AP preseason All-America team
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now