BRENTWOOD, Calif. – The iconic “Golden Girls” house has sold for roughly $4 million, according to Douglas Elliman Real Estate.
The Brentwood, California house ended up selling for more than $1 million over the asking price. The home was made famous in outdoor shots for the sitcom, which starred Betty White, Bea Arthur, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty.
The 2,901 square-foot, 4-bedroom home was listed at $2,999,000. The house served as the facade of the home the four women shared in Miami.
Listing agent Rachelle Rosten said 20 people put down offers, prompting a bidding war between nine people.
“The Golden Girls” aired from 1985 to 1992 and aired 180 episodes across seven seasons. Of the four lead actresses, only 98 year-old Betty White is still living.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 17% of food production globally wasted, UN report estimates
- Texas school’s ‘chivalry’ assignment told girls to dress to please men
- UNC, Duke plan for in-person graduation ceremonies — but Duke will only allow seniors to attend
- Study: Employment rose among those in free money experiment
- Texas family devastated after beloved dog shot in head, left in ditch