WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – A massive alligator was caught on camera taking a stroll near a busy Wilmington overpass Tuesday morning.
In a Twitter post, the Wilmington Police Department said the gator was spotted near McRae Street and Cornelius Harnett Drive just under the Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway overpass.
In one of the pictures, the gator can be seen taking a break in the shade from the overpass which is beside Bradley Creek.
Police temporarily closed McRae Street until the gator managed to lumber back into the creek.
The roadway is now open.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Granville County sheriff suspended following felony obstruction indictment
- Spam introduces limited-edition pumpkin spice flavor
- North Carolina airports to receive $17 million in infrastructure funding
- NC deputies investigating fatal crossbow shooting
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now