(KSNV) — An otherwise-normal flock of birds was let go in downtown Las Vegas Tuesday, on the eve of a crucial Democratic presidential debate.
However, to anyone paying attention, these birds had something very strange atop their bobbing heads: customized “Make America Great Again” hats. Only one of the pigeons was different, fitted with a small orange hairpiece meant to mimic President Trump.
The group behind the stunt is called P.U.T.I.N, an acronym for Pigeons United To Interfere Now, and according to their peculiar release sent out late Tuesday evening, they are anonymous underground radicals and their pigeons are trained.
The group’s founder, Coo Hand Luke, says that the project came at the end of months of “exhaustive research, logistical hurdles and pigeon care taking,” adding that the release date was coordinated to serve as a sign of loyal support for President Trump.
- Initiative closes off some streets in Durham to give residents more space outdoors
- Phones, email still out after ‘cyber incident’ hits Chatham County government, officials say
- American Cancer Society still fighting cancer during pandemic
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center set to reopen
- Against Virginia, UNC hopes run game continues with offensive line providing key help
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now