(WFLA) – A California man who was allegedly impersonating an officer got himself arrested on Thursday when he pulled over a real one.
According to Rancho Cucamonga police, Imroj Singh, 23, turned on some blue and red lights installed on his car and stopped a detective in an unmarked vehicle on the 210 Freeway in Upland.
When the officer realized Singh wasn’t an actual cop, the detective turned on his sirens and Singh sped off.
He was eventually stopped and arrested for impersonating a peace officer, a misdemeanor.
Police say Singh had bought the lights online and had them installed on his front grill. They believe he may have committed similar offenses in the past.
Anyone who recognizes Singh and has information regarding the case is asked to call the Rancho Cucamonga Police Detective Division at 909-477-2800.
- NC Rep-elect Ross hopeful for bipartisan efforts in Congress
- Friendly competition at Fort Bragg raises nearly 18,000 pounds of food in 11 days
- Durham attorney among 3 facing federal charges in bank fraud conspiracy
- Clorox Company creating 158 new jobs in Durham
- Biden becomes 1st presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now