(WFLA) – A California man who was allegedly impersonating an officer got himself arrested on Thursday when he pulled over a real one.
According to Rancho Cucamonga police, Imroj Singh, 23, turned on some blue and red lights installed on his car and stopped a detective in an unmarked vehicle on the 210 Freeway in Upland.
When the officer realized Singh wasn’t an actual cop, the detective turned on his sirens and Singh sped off.
He was eventually stopped and arrested for impersonating a peace officer, a misdemeanor.
Police say Singh had bought the lights online and had them installed on his front grill. They believe he may have committed similar offenses in the past.
Anyone who recognizes Singh and has information regarding the case is asked to call the Rancho Cucamonga Police Detective Division at 909-477-2800.
- Freshman Kentucky basketball guard Terrence Clarke dies in L.A. car crash
- IRS offers 10 ways to avoid tax return slipups
- 3 emergency landings reported at Charlotte-Douglas Airport in one day
- 1 arrested, 2 at large in NC bogus check scheme
- Gender reveal party explosion rattles several New Hampshire towns
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now