WICHITA FALLS, Texas (AP) — Authorities say a Texas woman ate half a cake while roaming the aisles of a Walmart store and then refused to pay full price for it, claiming she had found it half-eaten.
Wichita Falls police Sgt. Harold McClure says the woman picked up the cake at the store’s bakery last Tuesday and ate half of it before getting to the checkout counter. He says a manager called police after the woman claimed she had found the cake that way and would not pay full price for it.
Officers ordered her to pay the full price but did not issue her a citation. She was banned from the store and her name wasn’t released.
In January, another woman was banned from a different Walmart store in Wichita Falls after she spent several hours driving an electric shopping cart around the parking lot while drinking wine from a Pringles can.
The city is about 125 miles (200 kilometers) northwest of Dallas, near the Oklahoma border.
- Woman killed after shots were fired into her Dunn home, sheriff’s office says
- Smoking 100 cigarettes in your lifetime gets you into North Carolina’s vaccine Group 4. But why?
- ‘Canes run away in 3rd period as fans return to PNC Arena after more than a year
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Man charged in 2 murders in Durham linked to string of armed robberies, violent carjacking, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now