MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
The bill was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
- Loud and Clear: Downtown Raleigh packed to protest SCOTUS overturning Roe v. Wade
- DICK’s Sporting Goods offering to reimburse employees for abortion travel expenses: statement
- Josh Duggar transferred to federal facility
- UNC law expert says Americans have ‘low confidence’ in the Supreme Court
- Bill Clinton: Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision has ‘put our democracy at risk’