BALTIMORE (WJW) – One of the largest commercial real estate firms in the Mid-Atlantic will pay a surprise $10 million bonus to all 198 of its employees.
The announcement was caught on video.
St. John Properties said the surprise was to celebrate the company’s goal of developing 20 million square feet of office, flex/RD&D, retail and warehouse space in eight states, according to a press release.
The workers will be paid based a bonus based on their years of service, with the average employee receiving $50,000.
“To celebrate the achievement of our goal, we wanted to reward our employees in a big way that would make a significant impact on their lives,” said company founder and chairman Edward St. John. “I am thankful for every one of our employees, for their hard work and dedication. I couldn’t think of a better way to show it.”
The bonus will be on top of the company’s annual year-end bonus and other benefits.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC firefighter cited after tanker flips when water shifts, officials say
- NC House intends to vote on Second Chance Act during April session
- Man nabbed after beating up girlfriend who refused to help in break-in, Orange County deputies say
- Video released after Raleigh officer fires 4 gunshots at carjacking suspect
- Some Triangle hospitals at full capacity as flu season intensifies
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now