(CNN) – Samuel Adams’ Halloween brew is scary good.
It’s so good in fact that it’s become illegal in 15 states because of its frighteningly high alcohol content.
The beer – which is called Utopias – is 28% alcohol by volume.
By comparison, a regular Samuel Adams lager has an alcohol content of just 5%.
Utopias is illegal in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont and West Virginia.
According to Forbes, this is Samuel Adams’ 11th batch of the Utopias line – which they’ve been offering in limited releases since 2002.
The Halloween beer’s price tag is pretty scary too – Forbes reports that the suggested retail price is $210 per bottle.
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now