(CNN) – Samuel Adams’ Halloween brew is scary good.
It’s so good in fact that it’s become illegal in 15 states because of its frighteningly high alcohol content.
The beer – which is called Utopias – is 28% alcohol by volume.
By comparison, a regular Samuel Adams lager has an alcohol content of just 5%.
Utopias is illegal in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont and West Virginia.
According to Forbes, this is Samuel Adams’ 11th batch of the Utopias line – which they’ve been offering in limited releases since 2002.
The Halloween beer’s price tag is pretty scary too – Forbes reports that the suggested retail price is $210 per bottle.
- A classic is back: Necco Wafers are headed back to store shelves
- Authorities investigating fire at Stagville, a former slave plantation in Durham County
- Raleigh mayor issues 8 p.m. curfew following 2 nights of violence, destruction in downtown
- NC surpasses 29,000 positive COVID-19 cases, bringing total to 29,263; deaths just under 900
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Orange Theory, Hilldrup Moving & Storage are hiring
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now