Feel free to take a break from screens today — and pick up a novel, because it’s National Read a Book Day!
The day is observed each year on September 6.
Reading can reduce stress, and improve your memory and concentration.
So to celebrate, pull out your favorite book off the shelf and curl up with it — or find a classic to read with your kids.
If you’re in the mood for something new, visit your local library or bookstore.
The point of this special day is to remember how nice it can be to get away from all the technology that surrounds us and read a book!
- Neighbor charged with murder after NC woman killed on Thanksgiving Day
- Omicron: What we know and don’t know on new COVID variant
- Thursday mornings at Duke won’t be the same without David Cutcliffe
- Young woman vanishes after traveling to be with boyfriend in California
- Passenger zip-tied, arrested after flight attendants assaulted at airport