ALTOONA, Pa. (WTAJ) — While being labeled ‘essential’ to their communities, Sheetz has remained open during the COVID-19 pandemic and is now giving their employees a boost in pay to be on those front lines.
Sheetz has announced Wednesday afternoon that they will increase the pay of its roughly 17,000 employees with a $3 an hour raise.
They say the current increase will be active from March 13, 2020, to April 23, 2020. Sheetz says they will re-evaluate the duration of the pay increase as the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to rapidly evolve.
Sheetz also has over 1,300 active job openings for anyone who is looking for a job.
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say