This heartwarming cartoon showing Steve Irwin welcoming the animals killed in the Australian bushfires has touched the hearts of many on social media.
Sturm posted the cartoon quickly after the news of the fires breaking had been released.
“This little tribute drawing goes to all the innocent animals caught in the blazes across my home country, it breaks my heart to see it’s still going on but there’s only so much that can be done to keep it from spreading,” Sturm said.
In the comic, Steve Irwin greets the animals with his famous saying, “Crikey!”, followed by “Don’t worry little guys! I’ll take care of you!”
The Australian fires have killed more than one billion animals and has left many people dead.
Celebrities, public officials and even American fire personnel have issued their support in the form of words, service and money as the country continues to battle the fires and the damage it has left.
The post has been shared more than 30,000 times.
- Extra time off giving Tar Heels chance to hit restart button on season
- Video captures officer rolling bicycle over Seattle protester’s head during Breonna Taylor demonstrations
- Durham mayor says white anarchists took over racial justice protest, causing damage to businesses
- What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?
- Colin Kaepernick calls to abolish police after Breonna Taylor decision
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now