RICHARDSON, Texas (KXAS) – A raccoon slipped past two sleeping dogs and into the bunk bed of a 10-year-old Texas girl Wednesday night.
The girl’s mother managed to take a photo of the masked intruder, sitting on one of her pillows. According to KXAS, the girl told her mother that the raccoon was friendly, and even allowed her to pet it.
“This was a calm, gentle, gigantic raccoon that just up and decided to spend the night indoors,” the child’s mother, Sibyl, told the news outlet.
Sybil said she thinks the raccoon stealthily entered through the dog door.
The family returned the raccoon without incident to the less cushy confines of the front yard.
- N.C. State run defense struggles in 48-21 loss to UNC
- Families of those slain in Durham gather to seek end to gun violence
- Amber Alert canceled: Suspect arrested, 2 girls found safe after 2 boys discovered dead
- No. 3 Notre Dame rides big plays to 45-3 win over Pitt
- Wake Forest upsets No. 19 Virginia Tech 23-16
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now