The latest craze sweeping the internet is the “standing broom” trick or #BroomChallenge.
A viral tweet implies that NASA said Monday was the only day the “standing broom” trick would work, because of the earth’s gravitational pull.
This, of course, caused thousands of people to post videos and pictures showing how they can make brooms stand up all by themselves. However, there is no such announcement from NASA to verify the claim.
The Earth’s gravitational pull on a certain day has no role to play in a broom standing on its own. Turns out, anyone can perform this trick on any day of a year. It is all about balance.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Breonna Taylor protesters continue marches for 4th night: ‘No justice, No peace’
- VIDEO: Some masks, but little social distancing seen at return of SC college football
- Arrests made, damage seen amid protests in downtown Raleigh
- Multi-agency search and rescue finds lost woman at NC coast
- Trump campaign, GOP sue to block NC mail-in ballot rule changes
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now