JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Pizza is a staple in most college students’ diets, WJXT reports.
The University of North Florida is bringing the cheesy delight to students with the press of a button.
A vending machine, dubbed the pizza ATM, has recently been installed in one of the residence halls on campus.
According to the company, the pizza base is pre-cooked, toppings are added and then it’s boxed up and placed in a refrigerated compartment.
Once a customer buys a pizza, it’s moved to the convection oven and is ready to eat in just minutes.
The university says it’s one of the only campuses in the US with this tasty option.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hispanic engineer shapes cityscapes, skylines in NC and beyond
- Hoke County man’s case draws attention to child sex crimes in region
- Cal Cunningham speaks about how growing up in Lexington shaped his values
- Senator Thom Tillis speaks about how his personal life shapes his political goals
- Watch Live: Live Tillis-Cunningham debate reaction from undecided voters
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now