TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — A 3-year-old girl in Taiwan was reported safe after becoming caught in the strings of a kite and lifted several meters into the air.
The unidentified girl was taking part in a kite festival Sunday in the seaside town of Nanlioao when she was caught up by a giant, long-tailed orange kite.
Video shot at the scene showed her twisting several times above a crowd of adults who struggled to pull the kite back to earth.
News reports said the girl was frightened but suffered no physical injuries in the incident.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘I thought I was going to die’: 11-year-old boy among 30+ shot in Durham so far this year
- ‘Canes lose consecutive games for 1st time this season, 3-0 to Lightning
- 3 vaccination clinics are planned at Wake County high schools. Find out exactly where
- ‘Miracle’ puppy with two tails and six legs born during record-breaking winter storm
- North Carolina House approves in-person summer school for students who struggled with virtual learning