AUSTRALIA (CBS NEWSPATH) – Drone footage emerged on Tuesday showing a large shark swimming close to a surfer off Werri Beach in New South Wales, Australia.
The surfer turns his board towards the shore as the shark gets closer.
The surfer heard an alert message from a drone operator, saying “Shark! Shark! Shark! Evacuate the water immediately!”
The drone operator was patrolling the area as part of a volunteer search and rescue service.
The shark was either a Bronze Whaler or young great white estimated to be about 9 1/2 to 13 feet in length.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham Public Schools opts to continue remote learning through end of semester
- Louisville officer shooting suspect will face charges of assault, wanton endangerment
- Durham police car involved in crash while trying to stop armed robbery suspect
- Florida woman spent murder GoFundMe donations on shopping, bills, deputies say
- Senator proposes bill requiring states count and report federal election ballots within 24 hours
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now