AUSTRALIA (CBS NEWSPATH) – Drone footage emerged on Tuesday showing a large shark swimming close to a surfer off Werri Beach in New South Wales, Australia.
The surfer turns his board towards the shore as the shark gets closer.
The surfer heard an alert message from a drone operator, saying “Shark! Shark! Shark! Evacuate the water immediately!”
The drone operator was patrolling the area as part of a volunteer search and rescue service.
The shark was either a Bronze Whaler or young great white estimated to be about 9 1/2 to 13 feet in length.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- Beating the flu and coronavirus during winter months
- Wake County reports COVID-19 testing up 134 percent this month
- Gobbler’s Run 2020 goes virtual to benefit Wake Forest Boys & Girls Club
- RDU preps for Thanksgiving as pandemic continues to cripple air travel