KINGSTON, Mass. (WGHP) — A 65-year-old man was held to the ground Saturday while shoppers waited for police to arrive after the man allegedly coughed and spit on produce in a Massachusetts grocery store, police say, the Patriot Ledger reports.
Police arrived at the store around noon and are currently seeking an application for criminal complaint.
The complaint could include assault and destruction of property charges.
The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution, but police say they do not believe he has the coronavirus.
The man was told he is no longer welcome at the Kingston Stop & Shop and will be charged with trespassing if he comes back, according to a police statement.
A witness posted a video he shot of the incident.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ReOpen NC group plans marches in Raleigh, other cities on Memorial Day
- Bacteria levels high along Neuse River as testing continues this year in Triangle
- Clinic offering free COVID-19 testing for uninsured Franklin County residents
- NC sheriff’s office mourning loss of deputy, wife
- NC student tests positive for COVID-19 after attending graduation event
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now