SPACE (CNN NEWSOURCE) – Nickelodeon has been sliming stars for years so it makes sense that they looked to the stars to find their latest targets.
Astronauts aboard the International Space Station got got by the green goo.
Nickelodeon partnered with NASA and sent the slimy stuff into space in the name of science.
Sure, the astronauts had fun, but they also conducted experiments on the slime in hopes of gathering new insights on the state of liquids in zero gravity.
Researchers say slime is roughly 20,000 times more resistant to motion than water.
They say the experiments could have wide-reaching implications on liquid usage in future missions.
It’s one sticky step for man, one giant leap for slimy science.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Owner, workers devastated in Dunn after massive fire at NC’s largest cricket farm
- 3-car crash with injuries closes NC 98 near Wake Forest
- Maine to use ranked-choice voting for presidential election
- New NC contact-tracing app is ‘powerful tool’ in fight against COVID-19, officials say
- NC State Board of Elections files motion to ensure more lawful absentee ballots count
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now