YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – A man who confessed to murdering his ex-girlfriend was scheduled to be sentenced Thursday, but a fight broke out inside the courtroom.
The family of Elizabeth Pledger was about to give their victim impact statements when two family members tried to jump her killer, Dale Williams.
One of the family members was hit with a taser. Both were arrested.
Williams pleaded guilty in the 2017 shooting death of Pledger, of Boardman.
Williams killed his victim by gunning her down on Market Street in Youngstown.
Investigators say he confessed that he waited over 45 minutes for her to drive by him on her way to work so he could run her off the road and shoot her.
His sentencing will be rescheduled because of the disturbance in the court.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Top ways to boost your health with fermented foods
- NC teen dies after becoming impaled on rifle in hunting stand accident
- Nearly 10 percent of NC hospitals anticipate ‘critical’ staffing shortage within a week
- 13,000 with late Raleigh water bills could see service cut off in weeks after order expires
- 2 new clinical trials underway in Wilmington for COVID-19 vaccines