CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) — A Clearwater man is getting a lot of eyes on a Facebook post after sharing his “family tradition” of defrosting their Thanksgiving turkey.
In the video, which he aired live on Facebook, Mark O’Donnell records his family dumping their 16-pound turkey into their swimming pool to defrost. It’s a tradition that’s lived on for 18 years.
“We thaw our turkey in the pool,” he says in the video. “That’s what you do when you live in Florida, right?”
It’s a technique that’s sure to put O’Donnell in the running for ‘Florida man’ of the year.
O’Donnell says he triple checks for any leaks in the turkey before throwing it into the chlorinated water.
Only in Florida…
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway