GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) - A plane made an emergency landing on Interstate 75 in Gainesville Thursday afternoon after the pilot reported engine problems, officials said.
Alachua County deputies responded to the plane on I-75 northbound at the 382 mile marker near the Williston Road Exit just after noon.
The Cessna 172 aircraft was headed for Gainesville Regional Airport. Officials said the two people on board landed safely.
The FAA is investigating the incident.
Traffic was expected to be backed up for quite a while.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FAYETTEVILLE MAN ARRESTED FOR MIXING RAT POISON INTO CHEESE AT PIZZA SHOP, POLICE SAY
- JOHNSTON COUNTY MAN DIES WHILE SWIMMING AT CAPE HATTERAS NATIONAL SEASHORE
- 30 HOMEMADE PIPE BOMBS FOUND IN WOODED AREA NEAR ROXBORO
- MAYOR WHO WON BY 7 VOTES SWORN IN HOURS AFTER COURT APPEARANCE FOR DWI CHARGE
- NEWSPAPER PULLS OBIT THAT DETAILED WOMAN'S AFFAIR