(CNN Newsource) – Wednesday, Jan. 15 is National Bagel Day!
A time to enjoy the chewy, charbohydrate-y goodness that is the bagel.
They were introduced to the U.S. by Polish-Jewish immigrants in the late 19th century.
Bagels were made by hand up until the 1960s, when the bagel maker was invented.
But it was the last quarter of the 20th century when bagels really hit their stride and their popularity spread across the country.
So, whether you like your bagels with schmears or with lox or something else entirely, enjoy one today!
- Kids can get it too: COVID-19 cases high among children
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Office of State Human Relations and Closet Factory are hiring
- Wake County tourism takes $ 118.5M hit from canceled meetings, conventions, sporting events
- Power outage leaves several blocks in the dark in Manhattan
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as the week ends
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now