(CNN Newsource) – Wednesday, Jan. 15 is National Bagel Day!
A time to enjoy the chewy, charbohydrate-y goodness that is the bagel.
They were introduced to the U.S. by Polish-Jewish immigrants in the late 19th century.
Bagels were made by hand up until the 1960s, when the bagel maker was invented.
But it was the last quarter of the 20th century when bagels really hit their stride and their popularity spread across the country.
So, whether you like your bagels with schmears or with lox or something else entirely, enjoy one today!
- Various groups expected as participants in Virginia gun rights rally on Monday
- Manhunt underway after 2 killed, 5 more injured in shooting at Texas club
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Arrest made after man killed and NC coastal home set on fire, police say
- ECU football player facing felony drug charge; coach announces suspension
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now