SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Wegmans has confirmed that the grocery store will be installing plastic shields between the cashier and shoppers in the check out lines at all Syracuse-area and Rochester-area stores.
Plans are underway to install these as concern grows over human contact when buying groceries. There is no word yet on when exactly these shields will be installed.
The grocery chain has already limited the purchase supply of certain household items.
Earlier this month, Wegmans announced it changed the hours for all stores. They are now operating from 6 a.m. through 12 a.m.
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
- Will face masks keep the uninfected safe? Coronavirus fact vs. fiction
- SeaWorld furloughs more than 90% of workforce
- Number of reported COVID-19 cases in North Carolina rises to 935
- Legendary Garner football Nelson Smith coach continues giving back to town through retirement
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now