SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Wegmans has confirmed that the grocery store will be installing plastic shields between the cashier and shoppers in the check out lines at all Syracuse-area and Rochester-area stores.
Plans are underway to install these as concern grows over human contact when buying groceries. There is no word yet on when exactly these shields will be installed.
The grocery chain has already limited the purchase supply of certain household items.
Earlier this month, Wegmans announced it changed the hours for all stores. They are now operating from 6 a.m. through 12 a.m.
- Protesters march in Asheville, leave casket full of dirt at police station
- ‘I honestly teared up’: Man finds massive 9 carat diamond at Arkansas park
- At least 2 Louisville police officers shot as protests break out in wake of Breonna Taylor decision
- Avoid burning yourself out while working from home
- Trump won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now