NEW YORK (CNN NEWSOURCE) — Five Below, a popular store that sells products for $5 or less, is undergoing a colossal change, starting to sell things above $5 for the first time in 17 years.
“We’ve always done everything possible to absorb cost increases,” the company said. “Recently, we had to raise prices above $5 on tech items to keep providing the products you love.”
The items costing up to $10 will be in separate sections of the stores. They will have a toy and games section called “Ten Below Gift Shop” and an electronics section called “Ten Below Tech.”
The company said most of its merchandise remains below $5, so it’s keeping the store name.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now